• Required: High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
• Preferred: Corrugator experience with the specifics as listed above.
• Wet End: Singlefacers, Rollstands, Splicers, Bridge, Doublebacker etc.…
• Dry End: Shear, knife, Slitter, Stackers etc.
To perform the duties of the job, this role requires:
• Constantly reaching by extending fingers on two hands
• Constantly reaching by extending two arms
• Constantly using fingers to grasp with two hands
• Constantly using fingers to pinch with two hands
• Constantly using fingers to type with two hands
• Occasionally ascending/descending stairs
• Occasionally exerting force by pulling up to 50 lbs of weight
• Occasionally exerting force by pushing more than 50 lbs of weight
• Occasionally exerting force by lifting up to 50 lbs of weight
• The spoken exchange of ideas to be performed loudly 50-75% of the time
• The spoken exchange of ideas to be performed quickly 25-50% of the time
• Ensure the safe and accurate determination of accuracy and neatness of work or making general
• Execute safety briefs to crews on a shift, daily, weekly, monthly and annually
• Monitor workplace safety environment to identify and address any unsafe conditions
• Monitor and track production daily goals for the Corrugator or Converting machines utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report results on the plant scorecard
• Report all overruns, shortages, equipment breakdowns and tooling issues on the daily shift report to exchange information with all departments in the plant
• Supervise daily production activities, including oversight of team members, and monitor performance levels of each team member
• Oversee production demands and machine workloads throughout the day
• Sustain productivity levels by properly staffing machines and equipment to meet customer demands and align any last-minute scheduling changes
• Ensure proper operations of equipment by requesting maintenance repairs and/or submitting maintenance work orders
• Develop, analyze and review a variety of operational reports across the functions to improve quality, efficiency, cycle times, and volumes, and implement operational changes
• Ensure quality standards are within accurate specifications for each order
• Perform audits for safety, machines and housekeeping People and Culture
• Manage workforce planning, including fulfillment of work schedules and adherence to attendance policies (vacations, floating days, call ins, etc.)
• Communicate effectively with all functional areas of the plant to ensure all production needs are successfully achieved Job Description
• Maintain a positive relationship with the Union to align business needs and requirements
• Promote positive employee relations and interdepartmental communication and collaboration
• Provide recommendations on disciplinary action and recommend potential improvements, as necessary
Critical Skills / Capabilities:
• Communication: Creates and delivers engaging presentations to internal and external audiences; develops new communication strategies and approaches to communicate data, insights, and critical messages resulting in clear understanding
• Problem-Solving: Applies knowledge to frame, simplify and solve complex issues; focuses on identifying root causes to create solutions in a timely and decisive manner; reconciles conflicting and/or incomplete information to develop solutions
• Leadership: Leads and motivates a team of people to achieve performance excellence; ability to read people and situations and adjust approach accordingly; proactively leads and enforces initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness; teaches others how to build trust-based relationships.
• Coaching: Provides people with tools, knowledge, and opportunities to develop themselves; determines employees’ training needs, works with employees to produce continuous development plans, and provides regular feedback and coaching to help employees develop in current and future roles; visibly supports culture and teams.
• Organizational Skills: Plans, arranges and/or monitors work to ensure achievement of desired results; establishes a systematic course of action to accomplish objectives.
• Growth and Results Oriented: Delivers personal or organizational results by successfully influencing others within a matrixed organization; delivers high quality work within the stipulated time period to achieve maximum results.
• Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
• Plant programs: AS/400, Kiwi planner software, Factory Floor Feedback software
• Corrugator: Wet End: Singlefacers, Rollstands, Splicers, Bridge, Doublebacker etc.…
• Dry End: Shear, knife, Slitter, Stackers etc.
• Converting: Labelers, Rotary Die Cutter, Flatbed Die Cutter and Folder Gluer
• Industry product knowledge
3 pm -11 pm; 11 pm - 7 pm